Sunny Farms Supports the Community in Various Ways
Sunny Farms is continually looking for additional ways to support our community. While some of our activities are highly noticeable, others take place behind the scenes. Here are just some of the ways we strive to be an active and supportive corporate citizen.
Nearly 10 years ago, budget constraints made it impossible for the city of Fostoria to continue financing its annual July fireworks display. Knowing how much residents counted on celebrating Independence Day as a community, Sunny Farms stepped in to make sure this patriotic event continued. The landfill has sponsored the fireworks ever since. It’s a way to celebrate our country’s birthday while demonstrating our ongoing commitment to the community.
Support to Schools
In July 2018, Sunny Farms donated $2,500 to the Hopewell-Loudon Schools to provide two iMacs for use by high school broadcast students. The amount also included a maintenance package for both computers. This gift will help students to learn more about the broadcasting and TV production areas.
Sunny Farms has also supported a variety of additional organizations, including:
- Seneca County Fair Livestock Auction
- The Fostoria Halloween Parade ($1,000 in 2017 and 2018)
- The Tiffin Firefighters Golf Outing
- The Fostoria Moose Youth Trap Shoot at the Fostoria Sportsmen Club
- The Tiffin Firefighters Gun Raffle
- The Great Lakes AAU Gold Basketball Team
- PM Gilmore Community Park Reverse Raffle
- The North West Ohio East vs West All Star Football Game
- In 2018, Sunny Farms provided the Bascom Volunteer Fire Department with free disposal of construction and demolition waste from the clearing of an old building torn down to build a new fire station