A Commitment to the Community
Since acquiring Sunny Farms Landfill in 2019, WIN Waste Innovations has demonstrated a commitment to the community and the environment, creating a standard of excellence in landfill operations. WIN Waste has established Sunny Farms as a good neighbor and environmental steward by reducing both landfill emissions and public complaints.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sunny Farms is in full compliance with regulations and permits and is continually making improvements to landfill operations to minimize our environmental footprint. Sunny Farms is a major employer, economic driver, and community contributor in Seneca, Hancock and Wood counties.
A Standard of Operational Excellence
- Sunny Farms operates in compliance with all Ohio EPA regulations and environmental permit requirements.
- Air quality around the landfill meets the National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Landfill emissions are continuously monitored to ensure air quality standards are achieved and potential for odors addressed proactively.
- These results are provided to Ohio EPA and Seneca County General Health District (SCGHD) every month.
- SCGHD has performed more than 150 inspections at Sunny Farms without any violations.
In 2023, Sunny Farms’ Sustainable Landfill Gas Purification System will be fully operational, safely removing sulfur from the landfill gas stream and converting it for use in agricultural applications.
This is another step toward eventually converting landfill gas into renewable energy, a critical element of a strategy for WIN Waste’s sustainable materials management.
Supporting the community.
WIN Waste is a major community sponsor, partnering with:
- American Cancer Society
- Fostoria Area Chamber of Commerce
- Fostoria Athletic Boosters
- Fostoria Community Arts Council
- Fostoria F.O.P.
- Fostoria Kiwanis Club
- Brian Krotzer
- Greater Fostoria Community Foundation
- Hopewell-Loudon Music Boosters
- Hopewell-Loudon Schools Baseball
- Kaubisch Memorial Public Library
- Leadership Seneca County
- Mohawk High School Girls Basketball
- National Fire Safety Council, Inc.
- New Riegel American Legion Post #354
- New Riegel Volunteer Firemen, Inc.
- NOW Elite Basketball
- Old Fort Little League
- P.M. Gillmor Community Park
- Sisters in Shelter
- Tiffin Middle School
- Tiffin Firefighters Local 322
- Walnut Grove Children’s Benefit
- Wesley Center
Local vendors who have partnered with WIN Waste include:
- Beaver Excavating Company
- BoJhun Environmental Services
- Bugner’s Sewer & Septic Cleaning
- CEC, Inc.
- Clouse Construction
- Cornerstone Environmental
- Columbus Equipment Company
- Frankart Electric
- Ohio Automotive
- Ohio Cat
- SCS Engineers
- Sparks Commercial Tire
- Whitta Construction
“We appreciate WIN Waste Innovations and the OSS Aim to be Green program for providing our residents more options for convenient recycling.”
— Eric Keckler, mayor, City of Fostoria